SMU Systems Overview
SMU Network Storage:
- College: The U: drive offers 100 MB of personal network accessible space to store data files. This location is stored in the SMU cloud and is accessible from any computer connected to the SMU network or from anywhere through a VPN connection. The Documents folder on all campus computers will automatically save to this drive. Storage can be increased if needed by submitting a request through the HelpDesk.
- SGPP: Network drive space is also available at the Twin Cities (Park Ave.) campus
- 500 MB per course. This can be increased if need, on a per course basis, by submitting a request through the HelpDesk.
- 250MB is the default size limit for content uploaded through the user interface. When attempting to upload files larger than 250 MB users will receive an error.
- Tegrity is our cloud-based class capture system and it is accessible through Blackboard for courses and organizations. Recording can take place in preconfigured classrooms or on a computer with a web camera and microphone.
- College: 54 multimedia classrooms are setup for recording with Tegrity.
- SGPP: LaSalle Hall 208 is setup with audio and video capture capabilities.
- Used for class lists, payroll, grade submission, reset username and password
- Official SMU email is provided through a Google mail service. This allows 25 GB per user account
Other Points of Interest
Virtual Private Network (VPN):
- VPN is available to connect into the SMU network while at home or traveling. Can I access my network folder(s) from Home?
Microsoft Work at Home:
- Saint Mary’s University has a “work at home” agreement with Microsoft for the purchase and installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite and their Operating Systems. This is a dramatically discounted cost to you and is only available to full time faculty and staff. Contact the HelpDesk for more information (email: email@example.com)