Windows Media or other plugins stopped working after Firefox update, Version 21.0
Firefox has changed where plugins have to install their files. This has caused plugins that are no longer maintained, like the Windows Media plugin, to stop working. We'll explain how to make these plugins work again.
Change a Firefox setting to turn these plugins back on
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. ClickI'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
- Search for plugins.load_appdir_plugins
- Right-click on this line, plugins.load_appdir_plugins, choose Toggle to change it's value to True.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit . When you restart Firefox the plugins will be enabled.