If you need to receive a fax, you can have it sent to the IT department at (507) 457-1633. Please ask the party sending you a fax to put your full name on the cover sheet or first page of the fax. We will attempt to notify you of an incoming fax so that you can pick it up.
If you need to fax a document, you have 2 options. To send a fax on your own, follow the below steps to add a virtual fax to your device, allowing you to fax any electronic document to any fax machine. Otherwise, the IT Department can help fax a document if ever needed.
To add the fax as a printer:
- On a windows device, go to Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer.
- At the bottom, click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Click the button next to Select a shared printer by name and enter \\220.127.116.11\Fax
- Click Next
- Follow the instructions to install the driver and click Finish.
To fax the document:
- Open the document you want to fax and choose Print.
- Choose the printer you just added and click Print.
- Click the Specify Destination Tab and in the Fax Number box enter 7 and then the number you want to send to. (Ex: 75074571633)
- On the Send Options tab, enter any option you may want.
- On the Email Settings tab, check the Notify box and enter an email address if you want a notification.
- Click Send.