1. Click Start icon, lower left.
2. Click Devices and Printers or type in "add printer" into the textbox.
3. Click "Add a Printer", above Devices
4. Chose add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
5. Choose "The printer that I want isn't listed"
Print servers but same phyiscal printer
Winona Campus: Oberon or Hermia
Minneapolis Campus: mspbh2
7. Click Install driver, then next and finish. This may take a few minutes to process.
You may be prompted to "Set as Default". Typically this would be "No", as your primary printer should already be setup or installed on your computer. If not, choose "Yes" to have this one be your default.
8. The printer should now be added and ready to use.
NOTE: Printers are only accessible if authenticated to the SMUMN network via ethernet or SMUMN-Secure wireless.
Laptop users be especially aware of this when coming from off-campus to on-campus. If you do not sign off before closing the lid on your device the username and password prompt when you open it is only to access the "current" session. This does not authenticate the device to the SMUMN network. As such, SMUMN network resources will not be accessible.
Solution: sign off and sign in to the device while connected to a SMUMN network.