When making a Tegrity recording, the file is stored locally as a safety copy. Over time this can take up extra hard drive space and may need to be cleaned up (deleted).
On a Windows PC follow the folder path of C:\ProgramData\Tegrity\Recordings\ to view all recording stored on your computer. Before deleting, make sure recent recordings have finished uploading to the Tegrity server. This is done by checking the upload queue as demostrated in the steps below.
Some files and folder, like the recordings folder, may be hidden on your computer. To display the hidden folders:
- Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
Steps to follow:
- Click to view application icons (located on the bottom right of your screen).
- Right click the Tegrity icon with your mouse.
- Click "Check Upload Queue" option.
4. If the upload queue is empty (as seen below) then you are not at risk of losing content prior to finishing an upload.