Announcements post timely information critical to Course success. The Instructor can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. This is an ideal place to post time-sensitive material including:
- When Assignments are due
- Changes in the syllabus
- Corrections/clarifications of materials
- Exam schedules
When adding an Announcement, Instructors can also send the Announcement as an email to students in the course. This ensures that students receive the announcement even if they do not login to the course. To email an announcement, make sure you check the box titled "Email Announcement."
Announcements will appear in the order posted with the most recent Announcements appearing first.
- From the Control Panel under Course Tools, click Announcements.
- From the action bar, click Create Announcement.
- Provide a Subject and Message.
- Set the Duration and Date Restrictions.
- There is an option to link to a course area, tool, or item.
- Click Submit.
Click Edit from the contextual menu of the Announcement you wish to edit. Make your changes and Submit.
To delete an Announcement, click Delete from the contextual menu of the Announcement. Confirm the deletion. This action is final and cannot be undone.
Click on this link to view a short instructional video about "Creating Announcements". This video will cover the following information:
- Creating an Announcement
- Setting Announcement Options
- Reorder the Announcement List
Tags: announcement, Blackboard, post