Tegrity automatically creates “chapters” and associated visual thumbnails intelligently by analyzing the application layer in order to determine when a new chapter should be created. Chapters are created at the following times:
- Each slide change when using MS PowerPoint in slide show mode (when slide is on the screen for at least 5 seconds)
- Each time instructor switches to different application
- Each time recording is resumed from a pause
- Each time a new annotation layer is created
- After erasing all annotations
- Every 3 minutes of screen recording or instructional video (when none of the above have occurred).