SMUMN Systems Overview
- Blackboard is an Online Learning Management System.
- Create and manage courses and online materials.
- Resources for non-Faculty staff can also be found on Blackboard under "SMUMN Services" (Human Resources, Business Office, etc, have made forms and information available here.)
- Record classes with Tegrity!
- Tegrity is our cloud-based class capture system and it is accessible through Blackboard for courses and organizations. Recording can take place in preconfigured classrooms or on a computer with a web camera and microphone.
- Winona Campus: 54 multimedia classrooms are setup for recording with Tegrity.
- Twin Cities Campus: LaSalle Hall 208 is setup with audio and video capture capabilities.
Faculty (Employee) Portal:
- Used for class lists, payroll, grade submission, reset username and password, and more. Visit faculty.smumn.edu to review.
- Official SMUMMN email is provided through Google Apps for Education.
SMUMN Network Storage:
- Winona Campus: The U: drive offers 1 Gb of personal network accessible space to store data files. This location is stored in the SMUMN cloud and is accessible from any computer connected to the SMUMN network or from anywhere through a VPN connection. The K: drive is commonly used for departmental storage. Personal network storage can be increased, if needed, by submitting a request through the HelpDesk.
- Twin Cities Campus: Network drive space is also available at the Twin Cities (Park Ave.) campus. Contact the TC HelpDesk for more information.
- All: Google Drive (available through Google Apps for Education) offers UNLIMITED storage space online. This is a very secure and convenient option for file storage and sharing. Learn more in the "Google Apps" help section.
Other Points of Interest
Virtual Private Network (VPN):
- VPN is available to connect into the SMUMN network while at home or traveling. Review this article to setup VPN connection: Can I access my network folder(s) from Home?