In order to print to a multi-function device in your department, please follow these directions for setting up the printer on your Apple computer.
1. Download the driver. Go here: http://www.lanier.com/downloads/default.aspx?hbn=license
In the drop down menu, under black and white printer, choose MP4054 or LD220SPF (depending on which model is in your department).
2. Click the link for your operating system. If you don't know your operating system, click the apple in the upper left of your screen and then click "About this Mac".
3. Underneath your operating system where the column heading says "download", click on the down-pointing arrow in the light blue box. This will trigger a file that downloads to your computer. Double click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the driver.
4. Open System Preferences and click on Printers & Scanners. In the lower left, click the + sign. In the new window, scroll down and click HERMIA-MF[yourdept]. At the bottom, in the last drop down menu, click Select Software. In the new window, click LANIER [the driver you just downloaded], then click OK. Then in the previous window, in the lower left, click Add. The new printer should now show up in your list of printers.
5. Within Word (or other such programs), click Print, then in the Printer drop down menu, select the MF[yourdept] printer. In the Copies & Pages drop down menu, click Job Log. Check the box that says Enable User Code, and in the text window below it, enter your five digit departmental print code. **
NOTE: if you don't expect to change this code, you can save it as a preset so you don't have to keep entering each time you print. To do so at this point, go to the top of the printer dialog box that you're in to the second drop down menu called Presets. Click Save current settings. Enter a name for the settings, and then click OK. The next time you print, just highlight the MFSciences printer, then look for your settings name in the Presets drop down menu.